Alliance for Open Media
Main Members Group
Welcome to the AOM Members group server! The subgroups here are moderated, members-only discussions related to development and administration for the Alliance for Open Meida. The primary website for AOM is at https://aomedia.org/. To become a member of the AOM community, please see https://aomedia.org/
This server provides discussion lists, calendars, and other services for AOM members. The following groups are hosted on this server:
- administrative groups:
- Board of Directors (bod)
- Members (members)
- Promoter Committee (promoter)
- Tapas Committee (tapas)
- technical working groups:
- Codec Working Group (wg-codec)
- Still Picture subgroup (sg-image)
- Ecosystem Working Group (wg-ecosystem)
- Metadata Working Group (wg-metadata)
- Codec Working Group (wg-codec)
This group "main" maintains profiles for the members of all lists underneath it. You will not receive email from this group, and you must belong to it in order to subscribe to the discussions in subgroups underneath it. DO NOT unsubscribe from this list unless you want to remove yourself from all groups. Instead, manage your subscriptions to each subgroup individually. You can view and join these subgroups by clicking "Subgroups" on the left side of this screen. In addition, please make sure to join the subgroup "members".
Within each group, after joining the group, you can view Messages, Calendar, Files, and Wiki using the links on the left side. You can return to the main group by clicking "Your groups" at the top and choosing "main", and you can view server-wide information by clicking the Alliance for Open Media text at the very top left of the screen.
You can subscribe to each group's calendar individually, but most people find it easier to subscribe to all of your subgroup calendars at once. Click Alliance for Open Media and then Your Calendar to view or subscribe to a compilation of all of the calendars for the subgroups to which you are subscribed. To subscribe, scroll to the bottom of a calendar page, click "Subscribe to Calendar", make a copy of the iCalendar URL and subscribe (not import) using your calendar software. Note that some users of Outlook have described time zone issues with iCalendar links, so please double-check meeting times.
Finally, for every group, you can choose whether your profile is visible to others. By default, your profile is not visible. To make it visible, click your name in the upper right corner and choose "My Account", then click the Identity tab. You can customize your profile for each group you are subscribed to. Changes made to your account profile will automatically apply to each group profile, with the exception of those specific fields in each group profile that you've previously customized.
If you have any difficulties with this system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 548 Members
- 29 Topics , Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- Post: email@example.com
- Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unsubscribe: email@example.com
- Group Owner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help: email@example.com
- Only moderators can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.